Dive Deep With Courses
Beginner, intermediate or advanced — whatever your skill level, our in-depth boating education courses will boost your knowledge and confidence on the water.
- America’s Boating Course gives you the basics you need to get out on the water safely, and it meets most states boating education requirements. Now available in Spanish.
- Boat Handling (formerly Seamanship) builds your competence and confidence on the water with an in-depth look at the practical boating skills. Marine Navigation (formerly Piloting) and Advanced Marine Navigation (formerly Advanced Piloting) give you the skills you need to get where you’re going using charts and marine electronics as well as a knowledge of winds, currents and tides.
- Offshore Navigation (formerly Junior Navigation) and Celestial Navigation, (formerly Navigation) a must for oceangoing captains, teach you about planning and monitoring your voyage using modern marine electronics and how celestial observations can help you estimate your vessel’s position with confidence.
- Cruising and Cruise Planning prepare you for a multi-day voyage.
- Engine Maintenance gives you information on how engines work and basic maintenance procedures, as well as how to recognize problems.
- Marine Electronics
- Marine Electrical Systems provides information on Alternating and Direct current, as well as boat electrical systems
- Marine Communications Systems explains the different types of radios and communication options
- Electronic Navigation gives you basic information on the various electronic devices available today that help you navigate and select routes
- Radar for Boaters gives you basic information on radar
- Sail provides information on sail terminology, the types of sailboats, and operation
- Weather is a detailed study of the causes of weather, various types of storms, clouds, and predicting weather